DECEMBER 1, 1929 ~ MARCH 3, 2019 (AGE 89)
Alexander Pledge was born on December 1,1929 in Fayette County, TN to the late Linzy Palmer & Bernice Pledge. He departed this life on March 3, 2019 surrounded by his loving family at his home in Grand Junction, TN.
His funeral service was held on Saturday March 9, 2019 at Jones Chapel MB Church at 12:00 pm with Pastor Eddie Walton in charge of the service. Burial was in the Rivers of Life Int’l Ministries Cemetery and Dixie Funeral Home www.dixiefuneralhome.com was in charge of the professional service.
In 1992, he retired from Troxel Manufacturing Company in Moscow, TN after being employed 24 years. He worked part time for the Wilsons in Lagrange, TN. His favorite hobby was fishing.
Alexander confessed his faith in Christ at Bethlehem M.B. Church in Bolivar, TN, where he remained a faithful member until his health failed him.
Alexander was joined in Holy Matrimony to Clementine Wade and they celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary on February 15th.
Alexander was preceded in death by one sister, Louise Rucker, and one grandson, Detric Pledge.
Alexander leaves to cherish his memory:
• His loving and devoted wife; Mrs. Clemetine Pledge
• Four sons; Willie Ray (Beverly) Pledge, Robert James Pledge, Lonzo (Velma) Pledge, and Andray (Tamika) Pledge
• Four daughters; Earnestine (Tommie) Woods, Thelma (Avery) Joy, Mary Pledge, and Denise Pledge
• A special niece: Ella Rainer
• Seventeen grandchildren, thirteen great grandchildren, and a host of family and friends.